Tuesday 7 March 2017

Season's Greetings


Kathy is hosting her 7th - 30 Day Colouring Challenge over March and I'm eager to  join in as colouring is a main part of my stamped cards which I  so enjoy doing. Today I finished my Christmas card using the Colour Combo at Season's Greetings challenge #2 so I  took a quick photo of my desk ... showing my two card fronts (this year I've been stamping two images as I go and colouring the second when to mood takes me).  I stamped my poinsettia on watercolor paper and ooooh I wasn't too happy as it was very porous and bled everywhere.... but I just persisted figuring I couldn't make it any worse and after the image was finished I decided to 'conceal' the bleeding and added a light pink water colourwash to the background... I'm actually quite happy with it now.  Then I flicked a few spots of pink and stamped on my sentiment....I used Brushos and decided on a pink flower and red berries to use the colour combo option.  To finish I layered the top panel on darker pink and pale pink card.  I am also posting to Jingle Belles challenge - The Holly and the Ivy.... a Christmas foliage card... fits beautifully with my 'pink' Poinsettias.. I love these flowers/leaves.  Thanks for taking a peek

The Holly and the Ivy


 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn, What a pretty card.

    Hope you have a nice day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a real beauty !!!!!!!

    Ineke X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your *happy accident* with your watercolory background ... it is gorgeous ... so glad you shared your festive foliage with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Robyn and I adore that image which you have coloured so prettily and the pink in the background suits it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an incredibly lovely holiday card, you've really mastered using the brusho's! beautiful addition to our "holly and the ivy" gallery at JINGLE BELLES! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is a beautiful watercolour card, love it. Thanks for joining over at Season's Greetings, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Season’s Greetings Christmas Challenge}
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn